Russell W. DeMent, Jr. founded the Raleigh firm that is now known as DeMent Askew, LLP in 1968 after serving as the Wake County Assistant District Attorney for two years. From the beginning, Mr. DeMent focused his practice on defending those accused of crimes in the state and federal courts, and on general civil litigation, DWI, drunk driving, drug crime, drug possession, & moving violations.
He has been listed in the Woodward and White publication, The Best Lawyers in America, since its inception in 1983 for his work as a criminal defense lawyer. He is rated AV, the highest rating possible, by Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system.
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 1962; J.D., 1965
Russell W. DeMent, Jr. is officially retired, but his experience is still called upon by the practicing attorneys. Call today to discuss your criminal Law, DWI, drug crime or civil litigation matter. We offer free initial telephone consultations so you can quickly find out what your rights are, and what we can do to help. Or fill out our online contact form with any questions you have.